Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Journey Called Life Episode 20 (Finale)

The final episode of A Journey Called Life. It was quite a good ending, didn't felt it was too rush even though there was a random kidnapping scene added in too.


Fala heads out to the beach after swallowing some sleepings pills with alcohol. She starts feeling chest pains and calls Steven for help. I felt sorry for her at this moment esp with that line, "I'm cold. I wann go home".

Steven saves Fala from the water and prepares to bring her to the hospital but she stops him and instead tells him to look after their mother and that she was sorry for everythig she has done.

After saying those words, Fala dies in front of Steven's eyes. A really emotional scene as you could see that Steven had already forgiven Fala and wanted her to live so badly. Ok. I seriously did not expect Fala to die. I knew she was going to commit suicide but didn't expect that they woud kill of her character. But if I were her, I wonder how I could ever live with such regret and remorse.

Steven feels very troubled after the series of deaths and goes to find Kent for some talk. They spot Raymond suspiciously entering the building. He had actually kidnapped Cheng Tse Shing as an act of revenge for Fala. Kent and Steven arrives just in time to stop him.

Steven tries to stop Raymond and Tse Shing uses this chance to escape. He falls of a cliff after that. Kent calls the police and begs Raymond to stop.

The latter was so angry at Kent for calling the police that he breaks Steven's leg and hits Kent with a brick on his forehead. !!!!!! Kent starts to bleed and Raymond realises how wrong he had been all the time.

Steven and Linda sign up for a marathon together but he has no motivation to run and on top of that, his stamina has weakened as well. He quits halfway telling Linda he doesn't wanna run anymore.

Linda tries to encourage him to run with her.

"Ok. I will finish this race with or without you however, I really wish you would finish it with me. It was you who taught me that I should never give up in life. So, I'm gonna continue running and I believe that you would catch up with me. I'll wait for you at the end."

Steven sits by the road and suddenly, he hears a voice asking him why was he sitting there. It turns out that it was his daughter who was talking to him! She gives him a bottle of water and tells him to continue after drinking it. He tells her "Daddy misses you!" and she disappears after that. I was half expecting Fala to appear as well. Steven really missed his daughter so much.

Steven finally catches up with Linda at the ending but she trips and falls suddenly. He runs back to her and they eventually finish the race together! Such a sweet and happy ending!

The family congratulates them and Mary thanks Linda for helping Steven to get back on his feet again. Kent tries to act cool but gives a thumbs up sign in the end. =)

Steven tells Linda that he would buck up in future and live life to the fullest. He knew that their daughter would be very happy to see that they have finished the race together.

Kent visits Raymond in jail and the latter says he has reflected on his life and promises to be a good guy after leaving that dreaded place.

Kent and Angela moves back to their old hime that Steven has bought for them and Linda arrives with good news. She was pregnant again! Yay for her! I'm sure Steven would be doubly protective of her after this.

The series ends of with Kent saying that "As long as you do not give up, nothing is impossible."

I would be doing up a final review of this series soon so keep a look out for it ya? =)

No comments: